DVD to DVD Shrink to Mpeg video lose totally playing time...

I converted from dvd file to dvd shrink and converted into Mpeg video
but the total playing time
is gone down. For example, Cold Mountain DVD is a 2 hr 35 min. When I
converted into Mpeg video, the playing time drop to 2hr 02 min. Is this
normal or what?

  • Re: No Sound when playing DVD
    ... What DVD decoder are you using? ... (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time) ... When playing a mpeg video or a mp3 ... but for DVDs i have no sound. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: No Sound when playing DVD
    ... What DVD decoder are you using? ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... When playing a mpeg video or a mp3 ... but for DVDs i have no sound. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: How to copy home-made DVD to harddisk
    ... I looked in the DVD drive and I don't see any file formats I recognize. ... Is it a DVD that can play in a DVD player, ... is already MPEG video and AC3, LPCM or MPEG audio. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: How do I Convert DVDs in Linux?
    ... would like to know how to convert a DVD to a mpeg video codec. ... DVDs are mpeg video streams. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: formats for dvd
    ... I use MS moviemaker to edit & prepare vids for later copying ... play them on my TV. ... it make a difference when I finally copy them to DVD? ... I spent a few bucks before I learned that two hours playing time meant TWO ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)