Re: SAY NO TO BLURAY

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:25:55 -0500, Justin <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Gave
us:

Roy L Fuchs wrote on [Sun, 04 Jun 2006 21:04:36 GMT]:
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 14:13:20 -0500, Justin <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Gave
us:

GMAN wrote on [Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:37:28 GMT]:
In article <v25582h3c6m7r44rvprjb5fe4i3bf0hnre@xxxxxxx>, Roy L. Fuchs <roylfuchs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 03:53:11 +0000 (UTC), you@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Your Name Here=Harvey) Gave us:

In article <t153825qs0cn77n47nlem5ob3k38rt6auj@xxxxxxx>,
KimbaWLion@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

"wandrinandz" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If more buyers would support HD-DVD and say no to Blu-Ray, then we would not
have a format war which is damaging the dvd industry.
Join the HD-DVD Support Group over at www.hd-dvd.uk.com

I'm saying NO to both of them.

Once the PS3 drops down in price - then there would be a large Blu-Ray
market.

So what? They are STILL going to lose the battle.

Like when the PS2 killed off the Dreamcast, because it could play
DVDs straight away, and the Dreamcast couldn't.

Hahaha.. what a joke, and what a weak battle for a small
(relatively) market. THIS MARKET IS GLOBAL, and huge.

HD DVD will win. Already has, in fact.
Where?

Good question, since the overwhelming majority of people right now don't
know or care about either format.

That's bullshit. The majority of folks that WOULD be interested
already are. Many more come on board every day.

The folks that would be interested is a very small subset of DVD owners
right now.

Audiophiles and videophiles are definitely up on the latest and
greatest, and they always have been.

Yes, and most DVD owners are neither. The war is to win these people
over, and most of them don't care.

The industry will be fine right now with the market demographic of
all laser disc types and those DVD owners that became videophiles
after getting on board with DVD. I think that market is much bigger
than you apparently do. So do the manufacturers of our consumer
electronics goods... obviously.

  • Re: Anime industry appearing to capitulate...
    ... behind them when they were announced for the US broadcast market. ... We have an anime channel on satellite TV over here, ... to replace all their old VHS tapes with superior DVD versions (and it also ... You know full well there'll be a thinpack, ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Sony?
    ... DVD players do not,,the disc do not contain 1080p,,,they have 1080i - ... native format,,,again my point is,,that does not make a MASS MARKET ... cost of the DVD format. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Narnia tops slow 1st half for DVD sales
    ... preliminary estimates from Home Media Retailing's market research ... Video purchases are down 3.6 percent, to $7 billion, while rentals fell ... saying that the now-mature DVD ... Consumer spending tends to mirror the strength of the product coming ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: Are you waiting?
    ... LD was originally aimmed at the mass market too - I certainly remember seeing LDs for rent in video stores along side VHS and even Betamax tapes. ... LD didn't go away - it remained popular with the home theater crowd for many years, until DVD came along. ... With a clear winner now in sight, the frustration over the War hasn't been "Gosh, we don't know what to buy!", it's turned into frustration that companies don't all have ONE product to compete at refining--Making a better HD-DVD seems like a lost cause, and we'd rather see what Toshiba could do with making a Blu player. ... About 40% of the people who have bought a PS3 don't even know it can play Blu-Ray movies Despite that, the PS3 may be successful as a Blu-Ray player, but as a Playstation it's doing really poorly. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Is HiDef really an upgrade?
    ... DVD on a standard definition TV to a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray on a HDTV isn't ... quite a boost from the TV's built-in upscaler. ... Throw in the format war, and it really seems to me that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray ... adopter market with a bevy of confusing and incompatible equipment. ...
    (alt.video.dvd)