Re: Wide Screen not wide enough?
- From: "Tonester" <none@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:51:00 GMT
<normanstrong@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"M.B." <NoSpam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was at the store looking at some wide screen monitors. I also saw
some wide-screen television. I noticed that some wide screen television
were displaying movies with "black bar" on top and bottom - just like
4:3 type televison. I asked the employe, however, that didn't make
sense to me. Does anyone know why wide-screen monitor will be
displaying black bars?
Does anyone know if I'll have same type of problem if I buy wide-screen
monitor? Any help would be appricated.
They were most likely showing a 2.35:1 film. That ratio is wider than
the 16X9 of a widescreen TV. So it will give you black bars on those
type of movies. So the answer to your question is that you will have
this feature. It's not a problem.
The answer to the question is, "yes". Clearly, the OP considers it a
Maybe the OP should stick to VCR's and 4:3 then. Some people might not be
comfortable outside of 1997.
- Prev by Date: Re: Wide Screen not wide enough?
- Next by Date: Re: Wide Screen not wide enough?
- Previous by thread: Re: Wide Screen not wide enough?
- Next by thread: Re: Wide Screen not wide enough?