Re: Question...will DVDs rot if stored flat?

Hence 26 years at best. Music cd's sold retail arrived in 1982. Some
promo's were released in late 1981 like the Excalibur movie soundtrack
(only 300 were made) and it was distributed only distributed to radio
stations and people in the business.
So again cd's have not been around 30 years but if you got 26 year old
cd's that play fine I'd guess they will last to 30. Remember cd's are
not burned like cd-r's and cd-r's may not last nearly as long. Who has
a music cdr that has lasted a long time and they would like to brag on
them. I have em maybe 5-6 yrs old that still play fine. Any older out
there?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:02:26 GMT, whodothere@xxxxxxxxxxxx (GMAN)
wrote:

>In article <bhf9g15iqep1kvt7hatsgmtc0dd33l3bvv@xxxxxxx>, Johhny Redd <none@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>CD's have not been around 30 years yet.
>>Try again on that one...
>>

>The first CD prototype arrived in 1979 , and units and software sold in Europe
>and Japan in 1982.
>

>http://www.oneoffcd.com/info/historycd.cfm

  • Re: Ha, JeffHs 360 Achievements on Smackdown...
    ... It's actually just a yearly fee, and we don't have to brag, our ... Yeah, but some of my "real-life" friends don't play 360, and I've got ... friends that don't even live near me that I've never actually met that I ... They're nerds. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Pick Prejudice...
    ... So, as a response to Jimmy's rude and boastful posts, which ... though you play that music yourself. ... You also pour scorn ... You also claim not to brag, even though, as far ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • The Whiner makes 3 suckouts to win Donkfest. Congrats
    ... I am so sick and tired of hearing him whine ... and brag and whine and brag and whine and brag, i may quit the circuit, or ... If I want to play against someone who acts like p5er rather ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Talent Goat
    ... "Whisper" wrote: ... beating a range of people 60 is nothing to brag about. ... Why don't you play people of your level? ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Calling Out RGS Biggest PUSSY, Catron
    ... Poor Catron, all these years insisting on participation in written ... I didn't brag about a winning play, you went OVER on a two hitter. ...
    (rec.gambling.sports)