Re: Jackson KING KONG remake (was Why Not Released???)

The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joshua Zyber wrote:
>> "The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> You still seem to think there has to be this divide between good and
>>> entertaining. I expect ALL my movies to be good, very good. Very
>>> very good. All of them, in every scene. When people involved get
>>> paid millions or even *tens* of millions and work two or three years
>>> on a project for 14-hour days, I expect it to rock, to shake my world,
>>> to blow me away. When it doesn't, there's no "Aw, let's see it anyway
>>> and not expect much."
>>
>> Not every movie can be a masterpiece. Just because a movie isn't utterly
>> perfect in every way, doesn't mean it should be totally dismissed.
>
> Didn't say anything of the sort.

So a movie can rock, shake your world, and blow you away, and still not be a
masterpiece?

-- jayembee

  • Re: OT Conspiracy Theories OT
    ... including Alexandr Askoldov's single masterpiece ... Komissar (a Russian movie fantastic in every single aspect, ... an American masterpiece uniting talents from ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: OT: Best/Worst Oliver Stone Movies
    ... Platoon does not hold up.All the characters are cliched.Apocalypse Now is a ... masterpiece and Full Metal Jacket is a near masterpiece. ... he pretty much carried the entire movie. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: My super ex-girlfriend
    ... the next hetero male but it ain't enough to carry a movie on its own. ... It's certainly not a masterpiece, but it is funny, and has a couple really ...
    (rec.arts.sf.movies)
  • Re: horror lament
    ... I'm ashamed to have missed Robert Wise's masterpiece The Haunting ... from my list of effective chillers. ... Now there was a movie so good even it's blatant rip-off - The Legend of ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: AEON sux?
    ... But it certainly is a competently made and entertaining movies--just about every Rob Cohen movie is. ... I've met plenty of guys with short attention spans that would enjoy XXX but wouldn't be able to handle LOTR, let alone the latest Jane Austen masterpiece. ... our resident village idiot: the poor guy thinks that "Die Hard" is a masterpiece. ... Oh, well, if Ryan Cracknell liked it I stand corrected. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)