Re: Jackson KING KONG remake (was Why Not Released???)

The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joshua Zyber wrote:
>> "The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> You still seem to think there has to be this divide between good and
>>> entertaining. I expect ALL my movies to be good, very good. Very
>>> very good. All of them, in every scene. When people involved get
>>> paid millions or even *tens* of millions and work two or three years
>>> on a project for 14-hour days, I expect it to rock, to shake my world,
>>> to blow me away. When it doesn't, there's no "Aw, let's see it anyway
>>> and not expect much."
>>
>> Not every movie can be a masterpiece. Just because a movie isn't utterly
>> perfect in every way, doesn't mean it should be totally dismissed.
>
> Didn't say anything of the sort.

So a movie can rock, shake your world, and blow you away, and still not be a
masterpiece?

-- jayembee

  • Re: OT Conspiracy Theories OT
    ... including Alexandr Askoldov's single masterpiece ... Komissar (a Russian movie fantastic in every single aspect, ... an American masterpiece uniting talents from ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: OT: Best/Worst Oliver Stone Movies
    ... Platoon does not hold up.All the characters are cliched.Apocalypse Now is a ... masterpiece and Full Metal Jacket is a near masterpiece. ... he pretty much carried the entire movie. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: My super ex-girlfriend
    ... the next hetero male but it ain't enough to carry a movie on its own. ... It's certainly not a masterpiece, but it is funny, and has a couple really ...
    (rec.arts.sf.movies)
  • Re: horror lament
    ... I'm ashamed to have missed Robert Wise's masterpiece The Haunting ... from my list of effective chillers. ... Now there was a movie so good even it's blatant rip-off - The Legend of ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: That Awful Epilogue and Lord of the Rings
    ... :>> I've ever heard in a movie. ... In my opinion, it stands alone as a ... :>> masterpiece in its own right. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)