Re: Yes, The Bible Really Does Condemn Homosexuality

On Mar 5, 8:46 am, Thumper <jaylsm...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:42:18 -0800 (PST), Buster <bus...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What I'm saying is that laws should be secular and religion is
personal .  When any religion tries to put it's religious policies
into law it's trouble.
Thumper

Well, there's a dividing line between religion and morality IMO.
Obviously we all want certain parts of the Bible to be a part of and
enforced by law i.e. "don't murder", "don't steal" etc. America and
Western Europe were a development of Christian culture. And a lot of
people want to retain that culture. Name one thriving civilization
that's a development of the Atheistic culture. You see where I'm going
with this, of course.

The fabric of civilization, is and always has been, woven by the
fabric of a religious culture. And what's considered the best
civilization, as evidenced by all those immigrating to it in droves
(America, England et al), is the one that developed out of a Christian
culture.
Most of our (USA) laws have a Biblical foundation. I found out, since
it's become such a huge issue these days sadly, is that the US
bankruptcy protection law is based on the Bible: Deuteronomy 15:1.

Like it or not, the Christin culture has been significant in shaping
the best nations on Earth. with the best systems of law.

  • Re: civilization defined
    ... Civilization is an outcome of strong culture and religion of the ... small societies to join or bigger population of same society who ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Live footage of the EDL rally in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
    ... I have no desire to see religious law of any kind ... grave, why such strict regimentation if the religion is that good, ... Asian countries with strong UK ties speak English. ... their native culture in droves and also why are we getting people ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Live footage of the EDL rally in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
    ... I have no desire to see religious law of any kind ... grave, why such strict regimentation if the religion is that good, it ... Asian countries with strong UK ties speak English. ... their native culture in droves and also why are we getting people mainly ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Our Future: The Run Away Train?
    ... the highest that this culture will reach. ... tenets of the religion in dealing with non-Christians like American ... our civilization at one of the worst possible times: ... sense of community. ...
    (sci.anthropology.paleo)
  • Re: Yes, The Bible Really Does Condemn Homosexuality
    ... there's a dividing line between religion and morality IMO. ... Western Europe were a development of Christian culture. ... bankruptcy protection law is based on the Bible: Deuteronomy 15:1. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)