Re: Yes, The Bible Really Does Condemn Homosexuality

On Mar 5, 8:46 am, Thumper <jaylsm...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:42:18 -0800 (PST), Buster <bus...@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What I'm saying is that laws should be secular and religion is
personal .  When any religion tries to put it's religious policies
into law it's trouble.
Thumper

Well, there's a dividing line between religion and morality IMO.
Obviously we all want certain parts of the Bible to be a part of and
enforced by law i.e. "don't murder", "don't steal" etc. America and
Western Europe were a development of Christian culture. And a lot of
people want to retain that culture. Name one thriving civilization
that's a development of the Atheistic culture. You see where I'm going
with this, of course.

The fabric of civilization, is and always has been, woven by the
fabric of a religious culture. And what's considered the best
civilization, as evidenced by all those immigrating to it in droves
(America, England et al), is the one that developed out of a Christian
culture.
Most of our (USA) laws have a Biblical foundation. I found out, since
it's become such a huge issue these days sadly, is that the US
bankruptcy protection law is based on the Bible: Deuteronomy 15:1.

Like it or not, the Christin culture has been significant in shaping
the best nations on Earth. with the best systems of law.

.