Re: OT: Roku HD box

On Sep 25, 3:34 pm, tom ronson <theavlv.ron...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
CLM in ND wrote:
Does anyone have one of these?

I don't but have been looking at them --- also at the "WD TV Live".

The WD box is sort of neat because it'll play about any video format
you've got saved on your home network, or usb drive. the downside to the
WD box is that you need to either hook it up with a cat 5 cable or buy a
wireless adapter. I'm not sure I haven't decided on option 3 --- a
beater pc to hook to the TV. I've got a spiffy video card that'd rock
for the right machine. I actually bought a 'puter yesterday with the
expectation of going that way but the video slot is AGP and I need PCIE.
no worries -- I paid $20 for the machine and should be able to get a
$100 for it.

info on the wd box --- which can be had for $125-ish.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=832

If any of the internet providers in this area allowed access to
ESPN3.com, I'd dump my cable TV.

Cameron

  • Re: Theory of beliefs, belief fields
    ... In reality this hook is not so ... like having TV in the internet or a game in a video. ... basic level of telepathic reception can be inferred in _all_human_, ... produces the effect of both extremism and infantilism. ...
    (sci.econ)
  • Re: VCR - No S cable hook up
    ... But when I hook up all 3 to the VCR and to the back of the computer, ... I had the same problem with my video ... with my analog video camera using the red/yellow/white cables AND an S ...
  • ATi x700 component adapter of VGA transcoder?
    ... I want to hook my dedicated ... I was reading that the ATi x700 card has built ... card's 7pin video port. ... My goal here is optimal video quality. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • screen looks good in MCE but not at desktop or tv
    ... box to the living room and hook up to Mits 48" HD tv. ... When I am in MCE everything looks great. ... If the video on MCE looked good but the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: OT: Roku HD box
    ... The WD box is sort of neat because it'll play about any video format you've got saved on your home network, ... I'm not sure I haven't decided on option 3 --- a beater pc to hook to the TV. I've got a spiffy video card that'd rock for the right machine. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)