Re: OT: Pirates
- From: "George Leppla" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:37:09 -0500
president Obama's decision. The Military kept Obama advised but don'tI never thought I'd see the day that YOU would think this was
think for one moment that he said shoot.<<
"Obama's two quiet backstage decisions to authorize the Defense Department to take necessary action if Capt. Richard Phillips' life was in imminent danger gave a Navy commander the go-ahead to order snipers to fire on the pirates holding the cargo ship captain at gunpoint."
It has been pretty widely reported that Obama authorized use of deadly force if necessary to save Captain Phillips' life. He may have not given the direct order to shoot... but he OK'd that option (twice) and let the military do it's job.
I'm thinking that is how it is supposed to work.
I gotta give props to the Navy snipers. Shooting at moving targets in a bobbing lifeboat from the stern of a moving Navy ship. Reportedly, three head shots, three dead pirates. Incredible.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ever sampled the Las Vegas Prostitutes?
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Pirates
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Pirates
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Pirates