Re: Starbucks Closings in Vegas

<salmoneous@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:26df5eb5-1ccc-4ba9-ae4f-1e11d32d788a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am an environmentalist... but buying oil from foreign countries when we
have untapped reserves here is just plain stupid....

Why is it stupid? In fact, it makes a lot of sense to burn through
everybody else's oil first. Then when the supply cruch comes, we'll
still have our oil.

LOL. But the balance of trade sucks. Right now we are borrowing money from China and Japan to finance a war in the Middle East... and on top of that, we are dumping more money into the area by buying our oil there instead of using the stuff we already have. Our national deficit has skyrocketed and the money is flowing our of our country like someone severed our carotid artery.

Somewhere between the "drill nowhere environmentalists" and "drill everywhere industrialists" there is probably a compromise that we can all live with.

George L

  • Horseman of the Apocalypse (hes never even seen a)
    ... the Fed prints fiatmoney when it wants to, ... energy is the next billyclub bouncing upside your head. ... that oil wasn't going to last forever and we are the ... online dealers I've been listening to seriously expect gold to reach at least ...
    (uk.sport.football)
  • The approaching war with Iran
    ... money the coffers of banks and big corporations. ... Iraq stopped accepting U.S. dollars for its oil. ... American people may never know. ... Called the Iran ...
    (soc.culture.peru)
  • The approaching war with Iran
    ... money the coffers of banks and big corporations. ... Iraq stopped accepting U.S. dollars for its oil. ... American people may never know. ... Called the Iran ...
    (soc.culture.portuguese)
  • Re: Obamas plans even wackier than those of Bush
    ... alternative sources to oil at this time. ... million cash in a safe - the reserves now in the ground, ... coal derived liquids ASTM would no longer certify coal derived liquids ... Lockheed and other assets, split off the money losing portions, sell ...
    (sci.space.policy)