Re: The terms "BEENER" and 'WETBACK"

"DocTCW" <doctcw@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1177443277.872028.133920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As an Anglo-American who apart from education and the Army has lived
his entire life in South Texas, I feel that I should comment of the
use of the terms "BEENER" and "WETBACK," since those words have been
thrown around quite a bit in this group.

I can tell you from personal experience that Mexican-Americans,
regardless of how many generations their families have been U.S.
CITIZENS, are deeply offended by these labels. Some of my very best
friends are Hispanic/Latino/whatever, and I have the deepest of
admiration for their devotion to country, family, God and hard work.

I can guarantee you that Hispanic-Americans no more appreciate being
called "Beeners" or "Wetbacks" than African-Americans approve of being
referred to using the "N" word. And Hispanics only rarely if ever
refer to each other using this epitaphs, unlike African-Americans. I
will also promise you that if you used the "N" word to WTJ Bartender's
face, that you would get your lights punched.

I personally think the Imus affair was greatly overblown, but I also
feel that the use of derogatory words for different races or ethic
groups is deplorable and should cease.

Tom

I got some news for you Doc....

You know you are a "BEANER/WETBACK/MEXIBEAN" if you.......
1> Sneaked into this country illegally.
2> You dont have a green card and you are here in America.
3> You REFUSE to learn Common English, or teach your children English.
4> You suck down Welfare/GRE/Food Stamps and live in a Section 8 home.
5> You sneak across the boarder when your 8+ months pregnant and SPAWN here.
6> You drive a unregistered car.
7> You do not have insurance.
8> You do not have any kind of drivers license.
9> You use a stolen SSI number/ID from an American Citizen
10> You flee from an accident you caused or are involved in.
11> You sent most of your earnings (criminal or otherwise) across the
boarder to Mexico.

If you HAVE a "greencard" and got processed like everyone else, have a
SSI/Taxpayer ID then you are known as a.....

**********MEXICAN/AMERICAN***************** or
**********LATINO*********************

They have a choice.......if the shoe fits.....they can wear it.

  • Re: OT: The terms "BEENER" and WETBACK"
    ... thrown around quite a bit in this group. ... I can tell you from personal experience that Mexican-Americans, ... an illegal mexican gets drunk and wipes out a family and not a ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • OT: The terms "BEENER" and WETBACK"
    ... his entire life in South Texas, I feel that I should comment of the ... thrown around quite a bit in this group. ... I can tell you from personal experience that Mexican-Americans, ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: The terms "BEENER" and WETBACK"
    ... his entire life in South Texas, I feel that I should comment of the ... thrown around quite a bit in this group. ... I can tell you from personal experience that Mexican-Americans, ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: OT: The terms "BEENER" and WETBACK"
    ... I am not disagreeing at all with what you are saying here, but I read this newsgroup a lot, and I don't remember those terms being thrown around quite a bit in this group. ... I can tell you from personal experience that Mexican-Americans, ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)