Re: WOW

I'm no hunter, and can't understand why someone would actively want to
participate in the violent death of an animal, but I do understand the
need to "harvest" deer, which are over-populating our cities, towns and
country sides, so I passively sit there when my friends drool over
their latest hunting trip.

Tom

droyus wrote:
> And by the way...when butchered correctly and prepared properly,
> venison is a tasty meat! I had a hand in slaughtering my very first
> deer in Wisconsin last month and received some very good instruction on
> it from a highly skilled hunter. Not just instruction on removing the
> meat from the carcass, but on the trimming and preparation of the meat.
> I was eating it less than 24 hours after the deer was shot.
>
> Yummy!

  • Re: Colorado Game Processing I 70 Corridor
    ... I also think that personally processing a deer probably yields more meat ... to not only lose touch with the joys and satisfaction of really doing ... For the hunter, most commonly male, I think part of that is ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: Field mouse in toilet
    ... Well, not this "hunter" anyway. ... All my hunting happens at the meat ... You can still spray yourself with deer urine, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: WOW
    ... deer in Wisconsin last month and received some very good instruction on ... Not just instruction on removing the ... meat from the carcass, but on the trimming and preparation of the meat. ... I was eating it less than 24 hours after the deer was shot. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Colorado Game Processing I 70 Corridor
    ... he brings food ... than a processor, just because it is YOUR deer, so you will have the ... vested interest to get the most meat out of it possible. ... to not only lose touch with the joys and satisfaction of really doing ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: How do you hang em?
    ... After dinner (which he ate two good sized steaks), he asked what the meat ... deer hunted for years. ... are never removed as when it's hanging head down, all the "guts" fall into ...
    (rec.hunting)