Re: matches

"John Varela" <newlamps@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:19:35 UTC, Evan Kirshenbaum
<evan.kirshenbaum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"M&M" has been printed a fair number of times.

Only a single letter M appears on each candy.

So it does. (Actually, it's an "m".)

Still with HP Labs |The purpose of writing is to inflate
SF Bay Area (1982-) |weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning,
Chicago (1964-1982) |and inhibit clarity. With a little
evan.kirshenbaum@xxxxxxxxx |intimidating and impenetrable fog!
| Calvin
http://www.kirshenbaum.net/

  • Re: Letters with **three** cases?
    ... But the practice of treating a digraph as ... >> frequently in the world's Latin-based writing systems. ... I learned it as a single letter (long before I ... far as I remember) where the sequence 'i' 'j' is not a digraph. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Rank features for creative writers editor
    ... The longer they drive the bigger part of the brain takes part ... I guess plot building and other writing management also must invade the ... To do that there actualy may be shortcuts, finding some handles to grab on ... It involved regular, learning-focused, practice. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: New Book Revives Lost Notions of Boyhood
    ... They do have free and creative writing as well, ... Perhaps you could suggest an activity like that to the teacher? ... I also think there isn't enough grammar taught, ... but bad practice just makes you really good at being ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Kanji: active/passive learning
    ... was not taught to my hand by writing it out 20 times on ... It was taught by simply having to write ... it time and again over the course of three years of university Japanese ... The practice sheet wasn't for learning the ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • Re: digest 2453240
    ... > Having writing problems, grantco? ... If you pathetically define a single letter error as a "writing ... But since you seem to not be able to comprehend the post, ...
    (sci.astro)