Re: what does "no less favourable" mean?

Is it that:

"no less favourable" means the same or more favourable (or better)
"not more favourable" means the same as or less favourable (or worse)
"as favourable as" means the same (no better or worse)

?

Jynie wrote:

Hello.

I am having trouble with the "no less", is it a double negative? When I read over it it is confusing.

If an offer made by person A is not accepted by person B and person A obtains a judgment on the claim "no less favourable" than the offer made by person A...

It "no less favourable" simply saying "not favourable"? and why not just say "not favourable" instead of "no less favourable".. I don't know why, but I really have trouble with the "no less" part of it ..

.