Re: what does "no less favourable" mean?

Is it that:

"no less favourable" means the same or more favourable (or better)
"not more favourable" means the same as or less favourable (or worse)
"as favourable as" means the same (no better or worse)

?

Jynie wrote:

Hello.

I am having trouble with the "no less", is it a double negative? When I read over it it is confusing.

If an offer made by person A is not accepted by person B and person A obtains a judgment on the claim "no less favourable" than the offer made by person A...

It "no less favourable" simply saying "not favourable"? and why not just say "not favourable" instead of "no less favourable".. I don't know why, but I really have trouble with the "no less" part of it ..

  • IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE
    ... severe pain and the loss of my business and then my family I could take no ... Temperatures are rising all over the planet, ... She would know when someone was in trouble and she would call them ... will and wrote letters saying good by to my kids and family. ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Attn ID proponents: When a theory is in trouble
    ... You never see ID proponents say ID is in trouble ... saying that Big Bang theory is in trouble. ... Science does not *require* consensus. ... The absence of natural selection is neutral ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Aggression: Guys, Where Do You Draw The Line?
    ... kind of trouble that looks for you can't be backed down from. ... shoulder and saying some shit. ... A higher part of me says, wow dude luckily you didn't take the shot. ... you're punching a guy who's acting friendly. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Shorts with words on the butt
    ... person to read it, then trouble is not approaching, it's leaving. ... It's amazing how teenagers have convinced so many parents that they own ... pretty shitty attitude to take with your kids. ... I'm not saying kids shouldn't be given responsibility ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: The trolls :-(
    ... Your sock puppets, or someone else's? ... interested, when I arrived, TWO people attacked me, saying I was here to ... calling me names and saying I was here to cause trouble, oh yes, not ... You are now trying to cause trouble for Judith. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)