Re: The a.u.e FAQ

On Sun, 04 May 2008 20:35:41 -0700, Hatunen <hatunen@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 4 May 2008 20:30:38 -0700, R H Draney <dadoctah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Woody Wordpecker filted:

Okay, now I've checked. The repository is at
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/alt/usage/english
where you can supposedly FTP (retrieve using a file transfer
protocol) a copy of some version of the alt.usage.english
FAQ. The "rtfm" in the URL is suggestive of a coarse
expletive. I think it may have been chosen intentionally to
fit the function of the site. The "rt" may stand for "read
the" and the "m" for "manual". I don't know what the "f"
may be for.

It's "Read The Frequently Manual", obviously....r

I always thought it was "Read The Friendly manual"...

No, no, no, "Read the Fine Manual".

Why can't people get this effing right?

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)

  • Re: The a.u.e FAQ
    ... where you can supposedly FTP (retrieve using a file transfer ... protocol) a copy of some version of the alt.usage.english ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: The a.u.e FAQ
    ... where you can supposedly FTP (retrieve using a file transfer ... protocol) a copy of some version of the alt.usage.english ... I don't think wordpecker has been around too long... ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: The a.u.e FAQ
    ... where you can supposedly FTP (retrieve using a file transfer ... protocol) a copy of some version of the alt.usage.english ... My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps * ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: The a.u.e FAQ
    ... where you can supposedly FTP (retrieve using a file transfer ... protocol) a copy of some version of the alt.usage.english ... What good is being an executive if you never get to execute anyone? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Intuit Help System Protocol File Retrieval
    ... Intuit Help System Protocol File Retrieval ... QuickBooks 2009 through QuickBooks 2012, ... malicious HTML and Javascript to retrieve a file from a ZIP archive to ... indicates that paths in ZIP archives are basically always delimited ...
    (Bugtraq)