Re: what does the word"transcodification"mean?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:44:54 -0000, maggie
<yuxiaoyan.gy@xxxxxxxxx> said:

I can't look up this word in a dictionary.
Is it one word or the short for two words?
what's the meaning of it?
thank you!

I think it refers to attempts to establish a population of
Atlantic cod on the west coast of America.

Nah, not really.

But Google gives me 714 hits on "transcodification". You
could probably read enough of them to get a pretty good idea
what the word means. I suspect it's used to refer to taking
something that's coded one way and converting it to be in
some other code.
.