My family's ecolect

In my family's ecolect:

- a minivan can be a "car"

- a closed door can be "open" as long as it is unlocked

I don't get out much. Are these peculiar?

For the record, I live in the northeastern US.

  • Re: My familys ecolect
    ... a minivan can be a "car" ... a closed door can be "open" as long as it is unlocked ... kind of "car". ... The second one sounds peculiar, since there are clear and significant ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: My familys ecolect
    ... a minivan can be a "car" ... a closed door can be "open" as long as it is unlocked ... Jerry Friedman ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: My familys ecolect
    ... a minivan can be a "car" ... a closed door can be "open" as long as it is unlocked ... Are these peculiar? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: "Soccer mom" backlash
    ... One of my neighbors bought a Lincoln town car and traded ... Hubby refused to get a minivan because he ... station wagon instead. ... I can't help but feel that comedians have a certain influence on the ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Cruisin Re: Its All Ragmops Fault!
    ... minivans and trucks for eons. ... For comfort, the thing beats the Ford Windstar minivan, easily, for me. ... Cruiser is about the same height as a car, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)