Coppertone syndrome

Somebody wrote me saying a nurse told her she might have "Coppertone
syndrome." She finally determined that it was "carpal-tunnel syndrome"
that was intended. I thought this was probably unique, but I find other
people on the Web reporting the same confusion.

"you guys should rest your arms and wrists for a few days, would hate
to see you get afflicted with the dang coppertone syndrome"
http://www.cumberlandtransit.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1&fid=3&mid=2397&tid=2395&style=1

I'm not sure this writer isn't kidding, though.

All the other examples are of people who know "Coppertone syndrome" is
wrong and are laughing at the mistake. One of those things that isn't
really common but that's funny enough to get discused a fair amount.

.