Re: Estuary English - how serious?
- From: FB <fam.balducciNOSPAM@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:06:51 +0200
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:57:23 +0200, FB wrote:
> Well, to begin with:
Oh, and [EI] instead of [eI], but if it's not excessive it's even
agreeable. Also, [O:] and [A.] are often very closed nowadays, whereas I
personally like them to be both as open as possible.
And not that I only like RP, but I prefer an accent completely different
from it to a corruption of it, so to speak.
"What meaning of this, Mitter Twain?" "I will tell you, Mr Wang, if you can
tell me why a man who possesses one of the most brilliant minds of this
century can't say his prepositions or articles"
(Murder by Death)
- Prev by Date: Re: reticulated water
- Next by Date: Re: This is bad!
- Previous by thread: Re: Estuary English - how serious?
- Next by thread: Re: Estuary English - how serious?