- From: Areff <me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:15:31 +0000 (UTC)
Steve Hayes wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:22:28 -0000, R J Valentine <rj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>There are a few things that are just plain bad, and there's no amount of
>>saying that other things are worse that makes them not bad. Littering is
>>bad. Crossposting is bad.
> Using } is a reply character is bad.
I wouldn't say it's bad. It causes no problems for my newsreader that I'm
aware of. It does much to break up the monotony of typically-formatted
Usenet postings. It's a whole lot less bad than, say, line-wrapping
problems (some of which may be unavoidable) or failures-to-snip (always
avoidable) or, yes, ill-advised crossposting to, say, disreputable
newsgroups in the soc* hierarchy.
Crossposting is bad. It's usually bad in theory, and it's always bad in
- Prev by Date: Re: Downright (was: Re: Numbers down by up to)
- Next by Date: Re: Downright (was: Re: Numbers down by up to)
- Previous by thread: Re: Gay?
- Next by thread: Re: Gay?