Re: MLB on FOX no longer 4:3 safe

On Jul 29, 3:42 am, nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alan) wrote:

  In addition to cameras, they would need to get new news truck
equipment, as all the equipment in the truck is probably standard def
only.  This includes the recorders, editing equipment, switching
equipment, monitors, modulators, transmitters...  basically, a whole
new news truck.  Then they also need to get new receivers and related
equipment at the station end, and all new equipment at any intermediate
relay points.

  This stuff is expensive, so while the expense is an issue, it is a
reasonable one.

What gets me is that WDIV News can do live HD, but any sort of pre-
taped footage is SD. HD DVR is easy enough technology, so what's
preventing that upgrade?

  • RE: Changing label colors according to dates
    ... There are about 15 trucks in total and the equipment on the truck (these are ... So there is a main Form "Trucks" which has a label for each truck. ... form to change colors according to the retirement date of their equipment. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: OT: PhD in Electronic Engineering
    ... for a piece of TV broadcast equipment. ... It was critical to the operation of the station. ... truck and never, ever, blah, blah, blah. ... Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: PhD in Electronic Engineering
    ... for a piece of TV broadcast equipment. ... truck and never, ever, blah, blah, blah. ... the station, as well as the SOP and realized that no where did it state ... screwed up the transmitter so his set didn't have a vertical roll. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT - Those *#?%$^& Drivers With Cellphones
    ... In my case..Ive a hardwired speakerphone system in my truck. ... Auto answer is turned on..and I dont do Anything with my hands except ... equipment, ... psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: best schematic capture/board editor program to learn for professional
    ... I just had some new equipment installed in a very late model truck. ... Brakes, engine, gears - even the power ... that the only way it can be diagnosed is with manufacturers equipment ...
    (sci.electronics.design)