Re: Using a DTA, but also want HD

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MPG.25f74438e5371ba98970a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I may try the splitter. It isn't the DTA I'm too worried about, as most
of the simulcast channels are super strong (9-10 bars on TV.) The HD's
are weaker, showing about 5 bars. Those same frequencies are also used
by some of the DTA channels for the matching broadcast subchannels (such
as Universal Sports paired with the NBC HD). I'll have to do some
experimenting to see if there are any issues.

Again, I was just wondering if there was something simple already out
there, just in case I had a problem. Plus, it would be a bit cleaner
than all the cables connecting everything.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

Try a directional coupler instead of a regular splitter. Common 2 way
splitters send a little less than half the original signal (-3.5dB) out of
each port. Directional couplers send almost all of the signal out one port
and little out of the other. For example an SVI model DC-6 has a tap port
with 6dB of loss and an out port with somewhere around 1 dB. Hook the DTA to
the out port and the A/B switch and TV to the tap port.

  • Re: receiver input impedance?
    ... of an antenna pre-amp or some sort of active splitter. ... enough isolation between receivers, ... gain/insertion loss port to port. ... any added thermal noise will be so overwhelmed by atmospheric noise you ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Using a DTA, but also want HD
    ... have a selection of simple pass through and a loop for the DTA to be switched in. ... I think you may be stuck with 2 A/B switches if loss with a splitter is an issue. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Pre-Amp or Distribution-Amp... Whats the difference?
    ... Generally a splitter can be bidirectional. ... I have several 3 and 5 port splitter/combiners here. ... splitter will divide drop those signals by an additional 3 db so you ... If the 4 port splitter were replaced by a 4 port distribution amp you ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Comcast DTA & WMC Remote
    ... The IR bug needs to be stuck over the IR "eye", sensor window on the DTA. ... I do have a two port usb rec. ... receiver "eye" of the DTA directly on the glass. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: is any one sniffing comports on win2k or XP?
    ... serial LED device (device with bi-color leds for each pin). ... device you can test your splitter by putting it between the device and the ... Every app I try to use results in a com port in use ...
    (Vuln-Dev)