Re: Hi-def on a monitor

"Kalarama" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:wbWdnfp2SdSPTQ7XnZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Del Mibbler" <mibbler@large> wrote in message
news:nbqq85l6jvred2vosqdg5lompgohqs1slo@xxxxxxxxxx
Jim Wilkins <kb1dal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote (in part):

The attached 2.2GHz Pentium PC has a Hauppauge USB tuner that's barely
adequate, live TV only displays well in small windows. Is there a good
internal HD tuner card for a mobo with only PCI slots, no PCI-E or
AGP?

There's one that is good for older, slower computers running XP or
even 98SE: MyHD MDP-130. Long out of production and hard to find new.
It's old tech, the tuner isn't as good as recent ones and the card and
software don't play well with newer hardware and OSs. But it's the
only card I know of with its own MPEG-2 decoder in hardware and its
own video output independent of the computer's video system. That
means the CPU usage is drastically reduced and the computer's video
capabilities don't matter as long as they're good enough to use the
MyHD's control panel. 2.2 GHz is overkill; 800 MHz is plenty.

Del, the MDP-130 appears to be still available at digitalconnection.com.
Nice price drop, down to $119 now.

It's been a beauty, one of the best pieces of video hardware I've owned.

But it's a shame MIT hasn't made a version that will work with MPEG4 files.

Yet.

  • Re: Linux, X, ld, gcc, linking, shared libraries and stuff
    ... >> because, originally, video cards / system RAM could NOT afford to have ... > GL actually "copies" everything, but it's done by the graphics card, so ... > anyway if it's not hardware accelerated. ... installed the proper driver, then it zooms around the screen... ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Start Menu dispays a black screen
    ... I definitely installed all the m/b based hardware and the video ... drivers BEFORE updating XP. ... If you have the very latest video drivers - downloaded from the video ... card mftr.'s site (unlikely to be the ones on the CD included with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how to make a white cursor?
    ... The video card is a Matrox G450. ... how to make a white cursor? ... >> video hardware supports hardware acceleration of a standard white ...
    (Fedora)
  • Building Video Editing Computer
    ... I'm currently selecting hardware for a system for doing video ... I have already puchased Adobe Video Collection, ... motherboard, processor, video card, and possibly sound card. ... questions about what hardware people would recommend for me. ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: Need recommendation for a USB 2.0 Digital Tuner for use in the UK
    ... software decoderwhich get hardware decoding support from your ... graphics card when using Hardware Acceleration. ... If the tuner card was doing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)