Re: ABC O&O stations running two 720p sub-channels

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <vc0Ml.4851$%_2.2742@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
UCLAN <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Winfield wrote:

All of my DVD players (4) can show the bit-rate as the movie plays.

Gee, none of my three do - including a Panasonic and a Sony. The
make/models of your players are?

I have a $35 Magnavox that does, fer Christ's sake.

And this is supposed to mean what?

Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

  • Re: Return of the foam inserts
    ... replacement was a Sony that lasted about five years. ... In the main system I have used nothing but Magnavox CD players. ... I'll finally have to bid farewell to the famous Philips CDM transport with its "pivoting arm" laser tracking arrangement that was favored by such makers as Marantz and McIntosh until Philips quit making it. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: CD format on its way out?
    ... > expect the same will be true of CD players. ... it would be better to purchase vintage equipment on eBay that will ... I have around a dozen various Magnavox, Philips, Sony and Panasonic portable CD players. ... I'm not sure any of the current portable have the build or sonic qualities of these 90's era vintage players, especially the Sony D-777, which is simply gorgeous. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: CD format on its way out?
    ... expect the same will be true of CD players. ... Are you really that cynical about the quality of players a decade from ... I have around a dozen various Magnavox, Philips, Sony and Panasonic portable ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Sony takes aim at Apples iPod
    ... aiming to move out of Apple Computer Inc.'s shadow in a market the Japanese company created a quarter of a century ago. ... But we are not at all satisfied with where we are now," said Koichiro Tsujino, co-President of Connect, a Sony unit which makes portable music players and offers online music distribution services. ... I've had a number of MP3 players over the years and have to say that the iPod is hard to beat. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Sony takes aim at Apples iPod
    ... aiming to move out of Apple Computer Inc.'s shadow in a market the Japanese company created a quarter of a century ago. ... portable music players and offers online music distribution services. ... Sony, which created the portable music market 26 years ago with its ... I've had a number of MP3 players over the years and have to say that the iPod is hard to beat. ...
    (alt.2600)