Re: Loose Change: What should do with VHS tapes?
- From: UCLAN <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:51:38 -0800
your 1080p tv already upconverts vhs to 1080p - if you connect an ancient
atari vcs or an intellivision it will upconvert that too.
This has already been discussed (ad nauseam.) I have posted URLs that explain
that many upconverting DVD players have better upconverting circuits than most
And, you claim that you posted a URL that says VHS is 240i (which it clearly
is not). Since you have posted examples of web sites with incorrect information,
why would you believe these?
The crux of the article at the URL I posted was an introduction to that
particular BD player, not a discussion of VHS's resolution. But, you
I *know* that the video on my Bravia is better when I have the BD player
do the upconverting to the TV's native resolution. But if you don't think
this is true, that is your right.
Perhaps your Bravia has a dismal upconverter.
Or perhaps the BD player has a good one. Funny that *so* many people think
that their DVDs look better when they set their player to the TV's native
resolution than when 480 is sent. Must be mass hysteria...
- Prev by Date: Re: Digital Transition & Aspect Ratios
- Next by Date: Re: Digital Transition & Aspect Ratios
- Previous by thread: Re: Loose Change: What should do with VHS tapes?
- Next by thread: Re: Loose Change: What should do with VHS tapes?