Re: Is there a hard drive TV recorder that does NOT use Tivo service?
- From: dmaster <dan.woj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:00:13 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 15, 10:01 am, Mike Ray <m...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm looking for a hard-disk version of a "VHS tape recorder". Does
anyone make something? I do not want to subscribe to TiVo. All I want
is to select a channel and press record. And hopefully play back and
skip ads fast.
Thanks for any info!
Ok a little OT (not a read Hard Drive) but I use a DVD recorder with
DVD-RAM disk. DVD-RAM are cheap ($1-$2 each) work almost like slow
removable hard drives. I can erase and record 100,000 times per disk and
can also time shift with my Panasonic (which includes a nice menu system
for recording several shows on the same disk. Want to edit just stick
the DVD-RAM in your computer and have at it)
I do this myself when I want to record 2 things at the same time. My
Sony HD OTA DVR only has one tuner. As you report, the DVD-RAM works
great as long as you don't mind downcoverting any HD to SD.
- Prev by Date: Re: AMC HD aspect ratio fixed
- Next by Date: Re: Is there a hard drive TV recorder that does NOT use Tivo service?
- Previous by thread: Re: Is there a hard drive TV recorder that does NOT use Tivo service?
- Next by thread: Re: Is there a hard drive TV recorder that does NOT use Tivo service?