Re: Vizio adds IPTV connectivity to its HDTV line

"Philip" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Charles Tomaras wrote:
"Philip" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
KHudson wrote:
Continuing the move toward integrating the Internet with televisions,
Vizio has announced Connected HDTV, a technology platform that it said
will be integrated into its displays shipping this fall.
http://www.betanews.com/article/Vizio_adds_IPTV_connectivity_to_its_HDTV_line/1231446297

Keith
http://www.eBuyHD.com

"The technology, which has both wired and wireless connections built
in".

Neither will work for me. I use power-line adapters to network my house.
My wireless router is just too spotty for good video streaming

Power-line = WIRED

It comes with a built-in power-line adapter? That is not what I read. One
has to buy an adapter at ~$70 to hook it to the wired connection.

Well it doesn't come with an Ethernet wall plate for your house either. If
you have decided to use powerline as your networking method in your house
then you have to decide how many locations you want to have network
connections and purchase the proper equipment. I had to pay an installer to
string CAT5 to every room of my house when I moved in. Do you honestly feel
that powerline is so mainstream and standardized that CE manufactures should
add to the price of a device with the inclusion of built in powerline
capabilities to accommodate? You are the first person I've ever encountered
who actually mentioned using powerline as a connection method on a host of
tech related newsgroups I frequent.

  • Re: Cant view workgroup folders???
    ... We were wondering if I could access his network shared ... house to mine. ... name and I just cannot see any of his folders. ... I have Windows XP with a dial-up connection and a soon-to-be installed DSL ...
  • Re: Cant view workgroup folders???
    ... We were wondering if I could access his network shared ... house to mine. ... name and I just cannot see any of his folders. ... I have Windows XP with a dial-up connection and a soon-to-be installed DSL ...
  • Re: Any Humax HDR-FOX-T2 experts out there?
    ... Apart from a posse of local radio hams descending on your house who knows. ... I notice that on the T2's Network Setup menu, ... Once a network connection is in place, should I be able to communicate ... it can see my W7 laptop but not my wife's XP Desktop. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Help plz wireless network
    ... I have a Mac and i have a wireless connection to Virgin. ... It doesn't need to be in your house, just within range of the wifi (which ... An open device or network is the one at risk, not the closed ones who can ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Extending the range of a broadband network
    ... or had any eperience of extending the range of a network? ... what kind of installtion might be required. ... in the other house as I have taken my laptop there and accessed the net. ... and wiring to any computers at the BB connection side ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)