Re: How much would it cost if viewers paid for each TV show? -- Re: commercials, DVRs, refrigerator breaks, etc.

"dgates" <dgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

However, look at the back side of this... those costs are built into every
can of beer you buy.
People don't realize how much money is tied up in TV.

That's an interesting element -- the idea that if a few million
households were to pay $2 for each episode of Lost that they watch,
then the price of beer might go down.

Hmm, no, that's not quite right. More likely, the beer companies
would still want to spend money to get their name out, so we'd end up
seeing more billboards instead. Or skywriting, or something.

Yes.
In a lot of companies, marketing costs more than the actual making of the
products.
Now some of those dollars are promotional (e.g. $1 off when you buy two),
but advertising can be dominant as well.

I'm pretty sure that Enzyte paid a lot more for "Bob" ad's than they did to
press and package their little worthless herbal pills.

  • Homebrew Digest #5212 (July 23, 2007)
    ... FORUM ON BEER, HOMEBREWING, AND RELATED ISSUES ... ANNE FROM THE HOSPITAL ... and can only live for some months.I inherited some money ... Mr Augustin Maranatha.Address: Rue De La Princess L/G 152 Cocody ...
    (rec.crafts.brewing)
  • Re: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
    ... > The philosophy behind the GPL is to kill Symbolics, ... > analogy would be beer, at least it is one that I enjoy more. ... A few beer drinker don't like to pay this money and use their free ... time to develop a new recipe and production process which allows ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: This is why feed you whinging lot to crocs. :)
    ... Stupid really that a beer 'n chat with two tradesmen can mean so much. ... money decided I went to the boys and we took it on. ... Each day there was tired blokes 'n a beer and huge satisfaction. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: Woodstocks Opinion ... was Re: Austin Update
    ... but made the money to pay for it plus a few hundred. ... Didja ever think that if you stopped buying/drinking the alcohol you'd ... Hey look- I spend a coupla hundren a month on cigs and beer. ... I could easily give all of the habits up for the right woman. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)