Re: tru2way

Jer wrote:
DockScience wrote:
"Jer" <gdunn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:H9CdnZdoG61o1MHUnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DockScience wrote:
"Jer" <gdunn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:IsGdnfhxw7R6R8XUnZ2dnUVZ_oPinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps I don't fully understand all the intended capabilities of this Tru2way thing. Is one of those capabilities intended to provide some feedback to someone who would then have some idea of what was presumably displayed on my TV? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how granular this data could be.
Tru2way is just an applications environment... it's granular to individual TV, the user, the time.
It has full control of the TV, the remote input, the bidirectional data channel through the cable.

It's what you do with it that is the question.
Sounds a lot like PPPoE for a broadband internet connection. But control my TV? I don't think so.

Then I guess you are never going to buy a new tv.

What are we talking about there? You mean like the Twilight Zone? "<spooky music> We control the horizontal. We control the vertical. We control the focus. Woo-weeee-woooo-wee-wooooo!! </spooky music>" I've already got that complete set on DVD - it's been done to death. :P

Seriously, there will never be an I.V. hooked up between a TV and me. Like women, if it becomes too expensive or pisses me off too much, it's gone.

Holy Brain Fart Batman! I just realized my faux pas here. It's the Outer Limits that controls everybody's TV. We've been watching TZ programs from the DVD library, and caused my lapse of clarity. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

  • Re: tru2way
    ... I'd be interested in knowing how granular this data could be. ... Tru2way is just an applications environment... ... It has full control of the TV, the remote input, the bidirectional data channel through the cable. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: tru2way
    ... I'd be interested in knowing how granular this data could be. ... Tru2way is just an applications environment... ... It has full control of the TV, the remote input, the bidirectional data channel through the cable. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: tru2way
    ... I'd be interested in knowing how granular ... Tru2way is just an applications environment... ... It has full control of the TV, the remote input, the bidirectional data ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)