Re: tru2way

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:53:46 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <eOE5l.2081$Ou7.1352@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The networks believe you are stealing the programs since you are not
watching that which is paying for them.

And my daughter believes in Santa Claus.

How's this sound: you go get a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills,
then go to the mall and start handing them out. Then tell the police
that all those people stole those bills from you.

Don't you care for anything on advertising supported television

I do.

I just think that the advertisers have gone too far with the model. So,
I simply don't participate in THEIR model.

You know, I can watch current stuff on Hulu and on the networks' own web
sites--and, funny thing, they don't have anywhere near the commercials
as when the same show is put over the air or over the cableco wires.
Huh. I wonder why that is. Maybe because even the industry knows
they've gone over the edge?

Hardly. It's simply a version of bait and switch.
Thumper

or do you
have a better idea for how that programming should be paid for?

Maybe they're charging TOO MUCH for it? And since they're handing it
out on the honor system, and have been DESPITE knowing that technology
exists to make their honor system fail badly, then we all know what's
unspoken: they know what's going on but don't care.

At some
point if the advertisers aren't getting a return the producers will have to
look for other sources of revenue or the programming will go away.

Change happens. That's not a BAD thing.

  • Re: dEduardo : So your Answer is that +20% of All Adult Radio Listeners Dont Count : And Corporate M
    ... listeners that advertisers want to reach, it either is sold to someone ... <So Corporate Media's Excuse to Radio Listeners over the ... <We are NOT talking about Programming Formats ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Eduardo - fellow IBOC-shill diputes your claims about AM ratings.
    ... There are no agency advertisers who ask for 55+ ... Radio, as I said, has nothing to do with this. ... produces a loss, and is not practical. ... players and CD's for programming we want to hear. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Nielsen To Track Cross-Platform TV Programming
    ... Assuming you read as much as I do, then you might be just as surprised as I was to hear that Nielsen announced plans last week to begin measuring how consumers watch television programming on the Web, cell phones and iPods as well as all other digital devices. ... For example, my addiction to "Lost" as a consumer can easily be fueled across platforms, but advertisers had no idea how to reach me this past season. ... An advertiser could not only reach a larger audience by placing its ads across platform, but would have more accurate numbers reflecting the actual views and the specific audience viewing them. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Viewing Figures
    ... Advertisers and broadcasters "discover" this every few ... attracts people who don't buy your product. ... The result is zero programming for people in their 20s, ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Definition of "Medieval."
    ... All I do is watch TV one day behind, ... of such programming. ... There is a bit of a movement, sponsored by advertisers, to ... require time-shifting machines to NOT skip ads. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)