Re: HD transition questions they don't answer
- From: UCLAN <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:27:32 -0800
Alan F wrote:
Verizon Fios uses QAM which is the standard digital cable format.
Nothing proprietary about it. The converter boxes that are eligible for
the $40 coupon are for ATSC (Advanced Television Standards Committee)
over the air digital TV broadcasts only. They are required to not
QAM is a modulation method only. Cable uses QAM modulated ATSC signals.
OTA uses 8VSB modulated ATSC signals. CECB boxes only support 8VSB modulated
- Prev by Date: Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
- Next by Date: blu ray burner drive - PIONEER BDR-202BK - problem
- Previous by thread: Re: HD transition questions they don't answer
- Next by thread: Re: HD transition questions they don't answer