Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
- From: Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:00:50 -0600
In article <a7cgh4llgoi8307nd61rpbhophu0n931va@xxxxxxx>,
Howard Brazee <howard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:14:57 -0600, Lloyd Parsons
Funny thing, we're getting a Wii for Christmas - mainly for the
grandkids. PS3s appear to be pretty expensive if I don't want to
play games with it.
List price is $399 for the cheapest one, which is in line with many of
the other BluRay players, and cheaper than many of the more upscale ones
that aren't any better. But sales happen, you know.
I've seen Blu-Ray players for close to $200 - which is why I started
this thread - I want to know what I'm giving up if I chose one of
those instead of a $300 player.
Apparently I can get a faster load time with a $400 player (which also
I saw some ad about that $200 or so BluRay player. I'm not familiar
with that model but I suspect it will be slow in loading to the first
menu and slow in overall operation.
The movie itself will play at the proper speed.
- Prev by Date: Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
- Next by Date: Re: HDTV Cnnections
- Previous by thread: Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
- Next by thread: Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray