Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray

In article <ihsdh4pujkrh5j0ma3jj2l4cgk1b3jo90c@xxxxxxx>,
Howard Brazee <howard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My wife's getting me a Blu-Ray for Christmas. She'd rather spend
$200 than $300 or more, but doesn't know whether the $300 are really
worth an extra $100 (but then she'd rather watch channel 7 which she
can find easily than memorize the Comcast version way away from her
normal browsing channels).

So she asked me - but I don't know either. So I thought I'd ask
here.

I hate having to use Comcast's box - but have heard that expensive
remote controls make this easier. That will be a consideration down
the line.

Howard,

If you have an HDMI connection to use for the BluRay player, then take a
serious look at the PS3. In spite of its odd look compared to a classic
player, it is the single best BluRay player out there.

It loads the disks faster than any of the others, is easily and often
upgraded via the internet, which makes it more compatible with the ever
increasingly slow loading newest, greatest, BluRay disks out there. It
really is hard to beat.

  • Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
    ... worth an extra $100 (but then she'd rather watch channel 7 which she ... it is the single best BluRay player out there. ... It loads the disks faster than any of the others, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
    ... worth an extra $100 (but then she'd rather watch channel 7 which she ... it is the single best BluRay player out there. ... It loads the disks faster than any of the others, ... The PS3 now has full support for all the newer ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
    ... worth an extra $100 (but then she'd rather watch channel 7 which she ... In spite of its odd look compared to a classic player, it is the single best BluRay player out there. ... It loads the disks faster than any of the others, is easily and often upgraded via the internet, which makes it more compatible with the ever increasingly slow loading newest, greatest, BluRay disks out there. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Shopping for Blu-Ray
    ... serious look at the PS3. ... In spite of its odd look compared to a classic ... it is the single best BluRay player out there. ... It loads the disks faster than any of the others, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)