Re: DVD Upconversion:Noticeable difference in picture? or selling gimmick?
- From: "deadendDan" <jfha1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:41:04 -0500
"lbbss" <labicff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a 42 plasma, so I was wondering if I should buy a upconversion
DVD player. Will I actually notice the difference or is it just a
selling gimmick. Any samples on the web showing the difference, or
would that not be possible to do, we all have different type of
Just this past weekend, a friend at work let me borrow a newer upcoversion
DVD player he had so I could compare against my older DVD players. My TV is
a new Samsung 1080p native res unit that upcoverts, but I wanted to compare
per the discussions found on this NG and elsewhere.
I found I could tell no difference whatsoever between the borrowed
upconverting unit and my old players...so I'll not be buying an upconversion
- Prev by Date: Re: Panasonic 50" plasma pop dead
- Next by Date: Re: Converter box situation
- Previous by thread: Re: DVD Upconversion:Noticeable difference in picture? or selling gimmick?
- Next by thread: Re: DVD Upconversion:Noticeable difference in picture? or selling gimmick?