Re: Autoscan doesn't find digital broadcast channels

"Ray K" <raykosXXX@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
For this test, a Vizio 32" set is directly connected to the
Comcast cable as it enters the house. (Normally the input
cable goes to a 2-way splitter, with one output going into
Comcast's set-top box, which feeds the TV.) In activating the
Auto Scan feature to select the available channels, 73 analog
channels were detected but none of the digital channels were.
Before starting the scan I selected Cable, not Antenna, as the
input.

Another HDTV, connected to the other output of the splitter,
detected the OTA digital HD channels. (Again, there is no
Comcast box feeding the second set.)

Sounds like I have a problem in the Vizio TV. Any other
possibilities?

Thanks,

Ray

I don't have a Vizio, but my tuner's scanner has separate
options for scanning cable analog and cable digital; likewise
for OTA. These are checkboxes, so it will scan both, digital
first, when both are checked. Is there any such option in this
TV?

  • Re: high-def over the air
    ... the technical support person at the cable company told us. ... so I doubt it was 2.3 GHz splitter. ... HD channels at the lower range of the frequency band with the old splitter. ... "At first I though you were just obsessed with people who over-spec cables, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Autoscan doesnt find digital broadcast channels
    ... Comcast cable as it enters the house. ... In activating the Auto Scan feature to select the available channels, 73 analog channels were detected but none of the digital channels were. ... Another HDTV, connected to the other output of the splitter, detected the OTA digital HD channels. ... The incoming cable from Comcast goes to a 3-way splitter on the first floor. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Autoscan doesnt find digital broadcast channels
    ... a Vizio 32" set is directly connected to the Comcast cable as it enters the house. ... In activating the Auto Scan feature to select the available channels, 73 analog channels were detected but none of the digital channels were. ... Another HDTV, connected to the other output of the splitter, detected the OTA digital HD channels. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Autoscan doesnt find digital broadcast channels
    ... not have a quam tuner, thereby not capable of receiving the cable supplied ... channels, 73 analog channels were detected but none of the digital ... Another HDTV, connected to the other output of the splitter, detected ... Sounds like I have a problem in the Vizio TV. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Marginal signal - amplifier needed?
    ... and installed a splitter myself to distribute the cable signal - before we had only one cable outlet in the upper part of the house. ... The 2-way splitter that I have has -3.5dB attenuation on one port and -7dB on the other. ... Before installing the splitter all HDTV channels were coming over the cable just fine - although some of them did experience pixelation and dropouts from time to time, ... If the analog signals remain fine, then my guess is the cable box has a problem or the signals on the HDTV digitals channels are low. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)