Re: HDTV LCD as a computer monitor- Neill

<setdos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the explanation. In total I talked to 4 Tech support people.
All of whom had me try several things.

One did have me go out and buy a 3.5 optical audio cable mini plug to
mini plug which did not work.

I think I'll try the other cable you mentioned. If that doesn't work,
I'll probably be shopping for PC speakers and call it a day.

Thanks again

What Neill told you should work. But you might have to do something in the
TV menu to associate a pair of audio jacks with the HDMI video input.
Normally, when you use the HDMI input, both video and audio come in through
the same connector. A DVI to HDMI conversion cable won't do that for you.

Tam

  • Re: Apple Mini is so bad, Dell has copied it.
    ... I tried to find out a bit more about that audio option. ... but I would prefer to see these mini ... and optical audio just isn't the same as full HDMI compliance. ... ATI's latest 5x00 GPUs now support it. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Questions about new hardware & Debian (or Linux in general)
    ... purchasing a Nvidia video card and disabling the built in Intel video ... So will the audio automatically be switched to the ... Nvidia cards HDMI connector? ... card is that, AFAIK, the Alsa driver doesn't support multiple digital ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Sound with HDMI
    ... I am trying to use an external cable for sound to a TV. ... Shouldn't this TV work using an HDMI cable and bring the sound over on ... the TV optionally supports digital video with analog audio. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Apple Mini is so bad, Dell has copied it.
    ... I tried to find out a bit more about that audio option. ... I thought the same thing, but after thinking about it some more, these mini pcs don't have any more power requirements than say a laptop/notebook, and the power supplies for those are pretty reliable. ... and optical audio just isn't the same as full HDMI compliance. ... Thats the biggest part of my gripe with most GPUs not supporting PAP, although I believe ATI's latest 5x00 GPUs now support it. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Computer as Reciever For a Blind Home Owner
    ... hooked up my laptop to the receiver and dropped its volume and cranked up ... discs with descriptive video on them. ... Then I'll need to source some way to get HDMI video into a regular composite ... What PCI Express interfaces are good enough to do home audio at a reasonable ...
    (rec.audio.tech)