test results Re: Newbie question: Why do regular cable channels look really bad on my HDTV?!

"Citizen Bob" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:44:35 -0400, "riggor"
<riggor9999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there only one cable from the box in your yard to inside your house
for both cable TV and cable modem Internet access?

Yes - but it's from the pole right to my house

So they split the signal between cable modem and cable TV inside your
house. presumably at the cable modem.

Correct .. actually a three way split. I have an amplifier, that was not
allowing 2 way communication to the DVR - so they split one to the DVR, one
the cable modem, and one to the amplifier that feeds the rest of the house.

I did a test ... I connected the cable directly to the TV thus eliminating
the DVR, set the TV for cable & analog, and did an auto scan. I only got
expanded basic (of course) analog channels 2 through 98.

Results .... it sucked. I am guessing the omission of the amplifier has
weakened the signal, and/or the signal is just bad .... and the TV has such
a high resolution display ... that the result show really bad images (think
bad "you tube").

Comcast is coming back out Monday.

  • Re: Splitting Internet & TV cable
    ... Do I still only get 1/2 the signal strength? ... strength provided by the cable company at the house, the cable type, ... level that the cable modem is receiving and start wondering why it is ... these splits are inside the house and they can't come in to check ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: OT - HBO Comedy Channel????
    ... Cable modem, in the house. ... Also D-Link router in the house. ... The two lights that say Patti and my laptop are online. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: OT - HBO Comedy Channel????
    ... Cable modem, in the house. ... Also D-Link router in the house. ... Patti's computer and mine are hooked up to the wired D-Link router. ... The two lights that say Patti and my laptop are online. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: OT - HBO Comedy Channel????
    ... Cable modem, in the house. ... Also D-Link router in the house. ... Patti's computer and mine are hooked up to the wired D-Link router. ... The two lights that say Patti and my laptop are online. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • RG6 Quad clips
    ... My cable modem has been a bit flaky lately. ... The cable comes into the northeast corner of my house, ... the garage and down to the family room tv downstairs. ... It seems that most clips are plastic too and I wonder about ...
    (comp.dcom.cabling)