Re: Wrong Channel Assignment?

"numeric" <numeric@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xLSFi.532103$p47.275469@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Cass Lewart" <rlewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fc7imo$pm3$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I live in NY metropolitan area. I get OTA Ch. 5 (Fox analog) and
Ch. 9 (WOR analog). But I am also getting 9-1, digital version
of WOR and 9-2 which is the digital version of Ch. 5! In other
words my ATSC tuner is confused and assigns to the digital
version of Fox 9-2 instead of 5-1. I get OTA about 40 digital
and 25 analog channels. I get no digital subchannels for Fox.
Did anybody notice the same problem with Fox?

Cass

This is correct for the NYC area; this is not a PSIP error. I remember the
simulcast starting after the destruction of the WTC buildings on 9/11. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWOR-TV and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNYW

I get
5 = 5.1 = 9.2
9 = 9.1 = 5.2

I think they multicast each other so that when one DT transmitter is down,
they still get out the program. Been like that for at least 2 years. The NYC
DT seems to be in a state of flux because of the WTC. Right now they seem to
be transmitting from 3 locations. Impossible to find good information,
because there is nothing about the status on ony of the station web sites,
WCBS seems to be the only one that is solid. I sent email to CH4 and CH13
but got no reply.

Tam

.