Re: Need help picking out an HDTV
- From: nt4-ever <nt4-ever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:01:43 -0700
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:51:53 -0400 Mark D Rossi <MDRO...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy an HDTV. I've
It is important to select a TV that fits your room.
Bigger is generally better, but sit too close and
the picture may look grainy or fuzzy. But if
you're too far away, you'll miss some of HDTV's
awesome detail. Selecting the right size set for
your room is easy using this simple calculation:
1. Measure distance from TV to sitting position.
2. Divide by 2 and then by 3 to get ideal screen
The resulting numbers will be your ideal screen sizes.
Sony and Sharp seem to be the big names..
iirc consumer reports said Dell had higher
than average repair rate..
i would look for a native 1080P set - whilst
overkill for OTA with upcoming 1080P with
DVD, cable, satellite ...
(btw make sure it can actually accept 1080P
signals -- some 1080P sets can only accept
- Prev by Date: Re: Need help picking out an HDTV
- Next by Date: Re: Final Evening of Analog TV?
- Previous by thread: Re: Need help picking out an HDTV
- Next by thread: Re: Need help picking out an HDTV