Re: Distortion of large screen HDTV

Was the tv displaying an HD source or an SD picture that was stretched and cropped to fit? If your friend wasn't using component cables, HDMI or the ATSC tuner in the TV than it wasn't a true HD picture. I have an uncle that bought a 48" DLP HDTV and decided to forgoe the HD connections. I explained to him that he wasn't taking advantage of the the TV's capabilities, but he doesn't care, he's happy with it.