Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays
- From: Sam Spade <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:16:53 -0700
Dave Oldridge wrote:
Sam Spade <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote inI was speaking of full connectivity via HDMI and compliant HDCP (HCDP?)
Which means that when the new DVDs appear, those who want full
resolution will have to buy again. I wonder if the flat-screen mnfrs
have provided some kind of plug-in capability, i.e. buy an upgrade,
plug-in module. The knowing market will be furious once they find
out that to display $35-45 discs at full resolution, new display
purchases will be necessasry.
I think the Hi Def DVDs will look so good on today's better HiDef sets
that no one will care about not having 1920 x 1080.
If they're being reduced to 560x960p, they may not look that much better than the standard model up-converted. We'll have to see. But I'm not sure I'd pay the extra for a DVD that is going to shut my player down to essentially line-doubled 480p instead of 1080i.
Apparently not all studios are going to do that to their discs, though.
- Prev by Date: Re: Consumer HDV Sony Handycam
- Next by Date: Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays
- Previous by thread: Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays
- Next by thread: Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays