Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays

Dave Oldridge wrote:

Sam Spade <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
5Y_cg.177566$bm6.66733@fed1read04:">news:5Y_cg.177566$bm6.66733@fed1read04:

Wayne wrote:

Which means that when the new DVDs appear, those who want full
resolution will have to buy again. I wonder if the flat-screen mnfrs
have provided some kind of plug-in capability, i.e. buy an upgrade,
plug-in module. The knowing market will be furious once they find
out that to display $35-45 discs at full resolution, new display
purchases will be necessasry.

I think the Hi Def DVDs will look so good on today's better HiDef sets
that no one will care about not having 1920 x 1080.

If they're being reduced to 560x960p, they may not look that much better than the standard model up-converted. We'll have to see. But I'm not sure I'd pay the extra for a DVD that is going to shut my player down to essentially line-doubled 480p instead of 1080i.

Apparently not all studios are going to do that to their discs, though.

I was speaking of full connectivity via HDMI and compliant HDCP (HCDP?)

  • Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays
    ... resolution will have to buy again. ... have provided some kind of plug-in capability, i.e. buy an upgrade, ... I think the Hi Def DVDs will look so good on today's better HiDef sets ... Apparently not all studios are going to do that to their discs, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: 1920 x 1080p, the new breed of displays
    ... I wonder if the flat-screen mnfrs have provided some kind of plug-in capability, i.e. buy an upgrade, plug-in module. ... The knowing market will be furious once they find out that to display $35-45 discs at full resolution, new display purchases will be necessasry. ... I think the Hi Def DVDs will look so good on today's better HiDef sets that no one will care about not having 1920 x 1080. ... With Blu-Ray or HD-DVD DVDs just around the corner, why is the new breed of 1920 x 1080p display not equipped to handle sources at that resolution? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Digital Osci and Logic Analyzer
    ... The higher sampling rates of the examples you ... would the o'scope display at 1 usec/div'n? ... time soon) and I have a probe that works properly with the ADC. ... however many samples are collected at whatever resolution ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: monitor for macmini mb139ll/a
    ... $150 worth of cables. ... It would plug in, since that monitor uses DVI, but you would get the ... 2560x1600 native resolution of the display. ... You cannot get that resolution out of your Mac Mini. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)
  • RE: Problem in setting Display resolution from TD
    ... I do not see the display resolution settings from TD ... driver so it means the driver is working fine in Windows XP Prof.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)