Re: What LCD TV should I get for watching DVDs?

Hi,

I'm going to buy a 32 inch LCD TV. The primary reason being I live in
Manhatten and have a very small apartment!

I don't watch TV, in fact I won't be getting cable at all. But I do
watch a lot of DVDs. I'm flexible on budget. Will an expensive LCD TV
e.g. $2,000+ be any better at watching DVDs than a cheaper one e.g.
$1,500+ ? I am thinking of going for the latest Sony from Amazon for
about $1,600 but if I can spend more and get better DVD picture quality
then I'll pay the extra bucks.

Thanks,

Proteus.

You should be able to get a brand name Sharp, JVC, etc for less than that.
Check out J&R. They have a store in Manhattan; also B&H Photo-Video. For a
small apartment, you might want to look at some with the speakers on the
bottom. They will be narrower. You will save money by getting a model that
does not have all the built in tuners. Sony is not a big name in LCDs.

Tam

  • Re: Looking for 50" TV in $2k-$3k range
    ... I just bought the Sony 50" KDFE50A10. ... I love it based on the DVDs I've been ... In this price range, it appears to be either LCD ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • >>> SONY LCD <<<
    ... sony lcd tv ... sony bravia kdl-19m4000 19 lcd hdtv ... replacement remotes for sony lcd hdtv ...
    (sci.optics)
  • LCD TV
    ... sony sharp lcd review tv ... sony rear projection lcd tvs ...
    (comp.games.development.programming.algorithms)
  • SONY ...
    ... sony 15 in flat screen television ... sony 15 inch hd tv ... sony 15 inch hdtv ... sony 15 inch lcd tv ...
    (rec.gambling.misc)
  • SONY UNVEILS BRAVIA BRAND OF NEW GENERATION LCD TVs