Re: LCD vs Plasma

In article <1146934495.725575.159860@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
justsc <scowart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Exactly. My buddy recently picked-up a Sharp Aquos 45" LCD set and it
loses no points to Plasma sets. Its blacks are just as black, colors
are just as vibrant and off-axis viewing is just as good. But as one
prefer Plasma over LCD, but the time is coming, quickly, when I believe
Plasma will be subplanted by LCD and other technologies less prone to
burn-in (and I know that Plasmas are getting better in this area too).
The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
~P~ wrote:

Really, as long as you don't have a static image up on the screen for
hours
at a time, and you properly break the plasma in over the first 100 hours,
most plasmas won't ever come close to sufferring from burn-in.

So what do you do about the "bugs" at the bottom of every TV station
that are there constantly?

I like LCD a lot, but the off-axis viewing really bugs me

My Sharp Aquos looks pretty good off-axis. You have to get really
crooked before the picture becomes unwatchable, and by then the image is
so distorted anyway (since you're so far off-axis) that it's moot.

John

I think more of a common problem with current Plasma sets, is that they
loose about 1/3 of their brightness output after a year or two
(depending on how hard they're driven).

  • Re: LCD vs Plasma
    ... loses no points to Plasma sets. ... Its blacks are just as black, ... Plasma will be subplanted by LCD and other technologies less prone to ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: LCD vs Plasma
    ... loses no points to Plasma sets. ... Its blacks are just as black, ... Plasma will be subplanted by LCD and other technologies less prone to ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Excuses to watch B5 again
    ... To your point, plasma sets are not totally banned, just a large number ... of them that do not meet the minimum energy efficiency requirements. ... "MOST current plasma TV models would be banned from sale in Australia ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Excuses to watch B5 again
    ... To your point, plasma sets are not totally banned, just a large number ... of them that do not meet the minimum energy efficiency requirements. ... climate change was a/the major issue, with a government which had been ... "MOST current plasma TV models would be banned from sale in Australia ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: WWWOT: LCD or Plasma
    ... Which is better: LCDs or Plasma sets. ... > And so, dear RAMmers, what is your experience with LCDs or Plasma TV sets? ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)