Who makes all these LCD sets?

I am ready to purchace a 32 or 37 inch LCD TV

Westinghouse, LG, Polaroid and the big names SONY, Toshiba, Panisonic,
Sharp.

They can't all be building flat pannels. Who makes what? Is there
any difference between any of these sets? When I see them on display
they all look good to me. Some a bit better but not that much.

If a SONY and Westinghouse 37 both look the same why should I drop
another grand for SONY?

How would a person get service on an LG set 3 years from now?

  • Re: Who makes all these LCD sets?
    ... Westinghouse, LG, Polaroid and the big names SONY, Toshiba, Panisonic, ... Sharp makes their own LCD HDTVs. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Westinghouse LVM-37W1 1920x1080 vs. 1366x768
    ... How does the Westinghouse LVM-26W1 37" LCD TV with resolution of 1920x1080 ... than the Sony 32" panel. ... When will Sony or Sharp offer a 1920x1080 LCD TV under $2k? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Westinghouse LVM-37W1 1920x1080 vs. 1366x768
    ... > The Westinghouse is on sale at BB for $1899, ... > than the Sony 32" panel. ... > When will Sony or Sharp offer a 1920x1080 LCD TV under $2k? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Who makes all these LCD sets?
    ... Westinghouse, LG, Polaroid and the big names SONY, Toshiba, Panisonic, ... Then you get the Taiwan companies such as AU Optronics & Chi Mei who supply the panels for a lot of the low end LCD off-brand names. ... I would rank the XBR Sonys with the improved color gamut and the Sharp Aquos as among the better LCD TVs. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Suggesting Toshiba makes more money on each PS3 than Sony is ludicrous
    ... Toshiba is massively huge, Sony is a like a banana next to ... I think Sony and Toshiba are playing it up and the outcome..whatever it ... Panasonic and Samsung are both leaders in Blu-ray technology and both ... HD DVD is Toshiba, there are only four companies on the governing ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)