Re: HMDI Cable - Is there a difference in a $49 to a $250 cable
- From: "FDR" <_remove_spam_block_rzitka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:29:10 GMT
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> In article <pDiBf.141629$XC4.81555@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "FDR" <_remove_spam_block_rzitka@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> When CD's first came out people thought that it's just all digital so
>> the best that can be, but there have been many improvments in the quality
>> CD sound since the 80's.
> * Have there been changes to the CD spec?
None that I know. Still doesn't change the fact that bits still have to be
> Yes, there have been improvements to D/A converters. And I'm sure there
> are differences today with the physical substrate; whether those are
> improvements or not, I don't know.
> But carrying the digits to the point of analog conversion--as long as
> that's happening, there's no need to spend more money on the cable.
- Prev by Date: Re: ?what's the best OTA receiver?
- Next by Date: Best and Worst HD broadcast shows
- Previous by thread: Re: HMDI Cable - Is there a difference in a $49 to a $250 cable
- Next by thread: Re: HMDI Cable - Is there a difference in a $49 to a $250 cable