Re: Sharpness turned down to 0?

In article <43CE8ADA.11CC27DC@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Dennis Mayer <Polaris1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jim Jogenson wrote:
> >
> > I've read and heard that with a new HDTV, you should turn sharpness to zero
> > because anything else adversely affects the picture. I've tried it and it
> > seems like it looks great. ANy advice?
>
> It depends on the HDTV set..... some 25%, some 50%......

On my Sony, the 50% setting is zero sharpness. Left of that actually
starts blurring the image.

  • Re: Sharpness turned down to 0?
    ... > I've read and heard that with a new HDTV, you should turn sharpness to zero ... > because anything else adversely affects the picture. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Sharpness turned down to 0?
    ... I've read and heard that with a new HDTV, you should turn sharpness to zero ... because anything else adversely affects the picture. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: Sharpness turned down to 0?
    ... > I've read and heard that with a new HDTV, you should turn sharpness to zero ... > because anything else adversely affects the picture. ... AVIA DVD thru the component port.... ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)