Re: Whats an "Authorized" Dealer
- From: tq96 <tq96@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 04 Jan 2006 19:15:00 GMT
> I spend most of my time on AVS Forum, and I have read countless stories
> of heartbreak from those who purchased online fron unauthorized
> dealers. It's just not worth it, IMHO.
The authorized dealer stuff is price fixing. Shops that are authorized
dealers must abide by "minimum advertised price" rules that revoke the
authorization if the posted prices are less than list price.
The electronics specialty store around here runs sales twice a year. You
need a ticket to get in so that the lower-than-list prices posted on the
products aren't being offered to the general public.
- Prev by Date: Re: Unscrambled HD on Minneapolis T-W cable?
- Next by Date: Re: Help for a newbie
- Previous by thread: Re: Whats an "Authorized" Dealer
- Next by thread: Re: Whats an "Authorized" Dealer