Re: Motorola DCT6412 HD STB / Cox Cable

Thursday, October 27 2005, @ 7:31 AM (-0700 GMT)

Thank you Stu!

I was unaware of the "series refund." This whole thing with Cox is
total frustration. I mailed my "input" to them last week Friday and
still have received no response.

I think I will contact the O.C. Register , IF I can find out how to
reach an investigative reporter, and possibly J.D. Powers ...

Jim

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:52:03 -0700, "saxmaniac" <saxmaniac@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Jim-
>
> As I pointed out earlier, you are enduring the same poor service (HD/DVR)
>as I, here in South OC. By the way, the inconsistent series recording issue
>is a known issue here and they will issue you a monthly ($5?) credit if you
>ask for it.
>
>Stu
>
>"Jim" <mwsoft@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Wednesday, October 26 2005, @ 9:24 AM (-0700 GMT)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last Saturday I sent a lengthy letter, along with a 20-pg "log" file
>> to my local Cox Communications office in Santa Margarita, CA, and a
>> copy to the President & CEO of Cox in Atlanta, GA. The material
>> carefully detailed the performance of the Motorola STB which Cox rents
>> to its customers in Orange County, CA, and elsewhere in the country.
>> It was shown that the box has only "worked" properly about 44% of the
>> time since the start of the fall TV season.
>>
>> A link to the log which describes the day to day failure (and
>> successes) of this STB may be accessed via the following link:

>> The letter sent to my local Cox office should have arrived on Monday.
>> I would expect the letter sent by regular mail to Atlanta might arrive
>> today or tomorrow perhaps? As of this point in time, I've heard
>> nothing from Cox about the letter and when the problems with the
>> Motorola STB will be resolved.
>>
>> The letter sent to my local office was addressed to "Customer
>> Relations" as, even with several phone calls, I was unable to identify
>> any one in charge of Cable Technical Support.
>>
>> Since the start of the fall TV season, I've now seen an additional
>> problem with this STB, one not mentioned in the original log mentioned
>> above. This STB allows you to "get a season pass" so as to record your
>> favorite shows each week as they play. I've set several to record,
>> including, ER, Law & Order, Medium, etc. However, even tho these shows
>> "appear" in the "season pass list," about one-third have failed to
>> record. I've come to find out that the season pass manager is failing
>> to "highlight" the shows in the on-screen "Guide." All shows to be
>> recorded MUST be highlighted in red in the Guide and then appear in
>> the "To be recorded" list each day. This is not happening all the time
>> so some of the shows, roughly 1/3, do not record.
>>
>> I've also learned that, for reasons I do not understand, Cos is giving
>> STB's made by Scientific Atlanta, to customers in San Diego, CA, which
>> is roughly 70 miles south of here. Its my understanding, but I cannot
>> know for certain, that the "SA" STB is much more reliable than the
>> Motorola box?
>>
>> Cox has always been #1 in what it offers the local community, and
>> highly regarded in terms of its technical support. I'm looking forward
>> to them for a STB that WORKS as it should, day in and day out.
>>
>> If anything comes of all this, I will post it here.
>>
>> Jim

  • Re: Motorola DCT6412 HD STB / Cox Cable
    ... > copy to the President & CEO of Cox in Atlanta, ... > carefully detailed the performance of the Motorola STB which Cox rents ... > to its customers in Orange County, CA, and elsewhere in the country. ... > The letter sent to my local Cox office should have arrived on Monday. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Motorola DCT6412 HD STB / Cox Cable
    ... copy to the President & CEO of Cox in Atlanta, ... carefully detailed the performance of the Motorola STB which Cox rents ... The letter sent to my local Cox office should have arrived on Monday. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • How to "Live" with the Cox Cable Motorola Dual-Tuner DVR STB
    ... Motorola DCT6412 Phase III Dual-Tuner DVR STB ... Cox Provided Equipment: Motorola Dual-Tuner DVR Model DCT6412 Series ... Before attempting playback on ANY "recorded" series show, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)