Re: anamorphic 2.35....

pickles_james@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
bloody annoying, cant get shut of the black bars, so why is this a
'special edition' for dvds?
its crap on a widescree tv.

Don't look at the black bars. Look at the movie.

--
Matthew   <mlmartin@        .com> (fill in the blank with user name)

We trained hard, but it seemed every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganised. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation.

From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 (Attributed to Gaius Petronus, a Roman General who later committed suicide)

  • Re: Barbecuing in a fireplace
    ... We trained hard, but it seemed every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganised. ... I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation. ... From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: A few Panasonic questions????
    ... We trained hard, but it seemed every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganised. ... I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation. ... From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 (Attributed to Gaius Petronus, a Roman General who later committed suicide) ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: anamorphic 2.35....
    ... I'm the *first* person in my circle of friends and family who has a widescreen TV since Jan. 05 and none of my friends still have one even now! ... when will a REAL movie theater ratio screen be released. ... I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation. ... From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: anamorphic 2.35....
    ... OK, that's just stupid, because it cost them at least as much time (if not ... or else they would scale the 1280x720 HD master and add black bars. ... we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, ... From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 (Attributed to Gaius Petronus, ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: anamorphic 2.35....
    ... Don't buy TV shows (aspect ratio 4:3) or you will get black bars on the sides. ... I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation. ... From Petronii Arbitri Satyricon AD 66 ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)