Re: Watching Cable with dobly 5.1?
- From: Dave Oldridge <doldridg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:46:35 GMT
"Mack McKinnon" <McKinnonRemoveThis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> Usually, best (maybe only) way is to run digital cable from the cable
> box digital audio out directly to your receiver digital audio in,
> associated with a particular input, such as "TV" or "Cable Box". Then
> turn off your TV set speakers & tune to that input on your
> receiver.You will need 2 front speakers, 2 rears and a sub-woofer.
Uh, actually the DVD 5.1 system should already come with 2 fronts, a
center, 2 rears anda sub. And it should have at least a digital audio
input (though some don't). My Kenwood has everything (digital wire,
digital optical and six-channel individual inputs, but it's just a stereo
and my DVD player is a separate gadget). I use the digital optical input
for the satellite set-top box and the digital wire input for the DVD
- Prev by Date: Re: PCI HDTV Tuner card
- Next by Date: Re: PCI HDTV Tuner card
- Previous by thread: Re: Watching Cable with dobly 5.1?
- Next by thread: Re: Watching Cable with dobly 5.1?