Re: Sharp LC-32GA5U - How do I get rid of "Cable 3"???

"Jan B" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:27:05 -0400, SayItAintSo
> <WAP007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>RCA audio jack to HDMI? Hmmm...
>
> I'm sure it means that he sets up the HDMI input on the TV to use
> audio from an analogue input.
> /Jan

I looked at a JVC LCD set. They show using a DVI to HDMI adapter cable to
conmnect the DVI output of a cable box to HDMI on the set. They then connect
the audio out from the box to AV1 on the TV. The Sony ( or was it
Panasonic), I think, actually had audio jacks next to the HDMI input.

Tam

  • Re: LCD TV as a PC monitor - any practical hints?
    ... in that HDMI and DVI use the same electrical ... so any DVI output that is providing video at a rate ... supported by the HDMI input in question can be adapted ... not support audio on the video interface like HDMI does, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video)
  • Re: AV amp with 6 HDMI, RGB, and 7.1 surround inputs
    ... ouput any high definition digital audio from copy protected discs to an HDMI input, of all the stupidities they could have thought of to render the HDMI format totally pointless, I am wondering when some manufacturer is going to make an AV amp or a switch box with at least 6, 7.1 analogue surround inputs plus as many RGB and HDMI inputs for the non-copy-protected stuff, not that I need one right now but when HD TV with 24 bit audio comes about I probably will. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: HDMI Dead on Panasonic TCP50S2 Plasma TV
    ... the TV and switches to the connected HDMI input, ... 50 mA on the HDMI connector. ... I dragged home an Acer 19" LCD monitor a few years ago. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: HDMI Dead on Panasonic TCP50S2 Plasma TV
    ... the TV and switches to the connected HDMI input, ... 50 mA on the HDMI connector. ... where both ends have line power available, I don't think this power is ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: HDMI Dead on Panasonic TCP50S2 Plasma TV
    ... the TV and switches to the connected HDMI input, ... This is probably a function of the Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) ... 50 mA on the HDMI connector. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)